MENU

Monday, April 12, 2010

2 months later...HAWAII!

This post is long overdue, but I'm FINALLY putting some pictures up. In February my parents took our whole family to Hawaii for a glorious 10 days. It was so much fun! We haven't had a holiday with ALL of us in years I'm pretty sure, and what better place to reunite than Hawaii! We stayed up in Laie on Oahu in a little beach house and had such a good time kayaking, snorkelling, swimming, boogie boarding, fishing, watching the Olympics nightly, and just hanging out.

Piled into the explorer...turns out 6 people and their luggage don't fit terribly comfortably in an SUV...
Photobucket
and turns out 8 people and all the groceries from Costco fit even less comfortably...good thing we picked up another vehicle the next day.
Photobucket
Shark's Cove (apparently I missed the matching shirts memo...)
Photobucket
Whales!
Photobucket
Matsumotos Shave Ice is the best thing EVER. Pretty sure we had shaved ice every single day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Classy couple
Photobucket
Told ya. More shaved ice.
Photobucket
We rented a couple kayaks for the week...such a good idea. Plus, check it off the list!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My dad fished EVERY SINGLE DAY. I don't know of anyone who loves fishing more than he does. He is definately not a morning person, but somehow he found it in him to get up every morning at 6 to fish for like 4 hours until the rest of us rolled out of bed. That is dedication. Luckily he caught a few little guys!
Photobucket
Pounders was also a favorite. Max and Blake especially loved getting worked over on a daily basis.
Photobucket
Skin cancer? We warned him to wear sunscreen...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Shrimp Shacks!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Just doing what we do best...paddling.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The usual evening lounging. Plus a sole patch.
Photobucket
Me and Blake went skydiving!! I loved it. Alot.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My parents are great. Really great.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jumping the point!
Photobucket
Jessica wanted to have a picture of her and Blake jumping at the same time...too bad she chickened out...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I convinced my mom one afternoon to go on a little hike with me up to Laie falls. The trailhead isn't sketchy at all...I promise...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Chinaman's Hat. My favorite day. So beautiful, kayaked out to the island and explored, and lounged on the beach as per usual.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks mom and dad!

5 comments :

  1. Wow, all these great pictures make me want to go back soooooo soooooo bad!!!! I love Hawaii!
    Looks like you guys had so much fun all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look hot in your black and white swim suit. Also you might feel like you had shaved ice every day but some pictures have evidence to say you might have had two everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun!

    and nikki stole my comment. i laughed out loud when i saw you holding two in the first shaved ice photo. don't even try to tell us you were just holding it for your mom so she could take the picture. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are leaving for hawaii in a week, and this just got me so excited!!! I haven't ever been before, swimming outside in warm water seems crazy to me!! I'll make sure to get some shaved ice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first off when you said "classy couple" I thought you were referring to the picture of you and Jessica...I was wrong.
    (they were below.)
    secondly, you look really fabulous! bathing pictures usually tell all with stuff like that.
    creep much?
    Your family looks like so much fun, but I've told you that a thousand times.
    One day I will go to Hawaii...

    ReplyDelete